YER 2.0.0 FAT (Yellow Error Reference)
YER (Yellow Error Reference) is the most complete application to retrieve Mac’s error codes.
You should simply type the error number and press Enter or Return, then YER shows you the related error name and explanation just as stated by Source Headers. When there are more than one error using the same number, YER shows you all existing definition into a list easily navigable by keyboard’s keys. You may copy the error string you want into clipboard or view it into a more readable single window.
YER knows error codes defined in the following Headers:
- Last but not least YER knows Error codes from:
- Marco Piovanelli’s WASTE TEXT Engine
- Smith Micro Software’s FAXstf Pro
YER is Internet Config aware and Appearance savvy. It requires at least System 7 to run. What’s new in 2.0.0 version
- Resizable window.
- Error strings appear now into a list.
- List of error strings navigable by keyboard.
- Error strings appear now after pressing Enter or Return keys.
- Ability to select a single error string into the list.
- Ability to copy a single error string from list to clipboard.
- Ability to view a single error string of list into a more readable window.
- Error codes from Universal Headers version 3.3.2
- Recompiled by using the newest compiler.
- Recompiled with Interfaces-Libraries 3.3.2
- Minor bug, saving window position, fixed.
- Bug, inside “Internet” code, fixed.
- Linked with MoreFiles 1.5.
- Linked with Internet Config 2.0.2.
- Addresses update.
- Minor changes.
Hardware and software requirements
YER should work on any Macintosh with a minimum of System 7. It’s accelerated for PowerPC. If you have the Appearance Manager they will be taken advantage of. Some menu items may be disabled if you don’t have Internet Config 2.0 installed (only on PowerMac).