ToScrap is a useful application for copying data to Clipboard without open files containing those data, also it may translate, into memory, several kind of files before copying.
Data copied can be pasted, naturally, following the usual procedure, but ToScrap is very useful for checking, quickly, the contents of files without use specific applications.
These are, in a few words, its features:
- ‘TEXT’, ‘ttro’, ‘sfil’, ‘PICT’, ‘PNTG’, ‘JFIF’, ‘JPEG’, ‘TIFF’ built-in translators.
- QuickTime translation, for all remaining kind of files.
- Screen portion copying.
- Data fork copying.
- Resource fork copying.
- Clipboard infos.
- Clipboard management:
- clear the Scrap,
- read the Scrap into memory,
- write the Scrap to disk.
ToScrap can also automatically open the Finder’s Clipboard window, after copying (or else at any time).
Through Preferences you may customize the method ToScrap should use for copyng.
After all you may use the enclosed Contextual Menu Extension for asking ToScrap to copy your selection.
ToScrap is Macintosh Drag and Drop, Internet Config and Navigation Manager aware, moreover it’s Appearance savvy. It requires, at least System Seven to run.
What’s new in 1.4.5 version
- Minor bug, saving window position, fixed.
- A bug in Navigation routines fixed.
- Better memory fulle error management.
- Internet menu changed.
- New About Box..
- Recompiled by using the newest compiler.
- Linked with MoreFiles 1.5.
- Recompiled with Interfaces-Libraries 3.3.2.
- Linked with Internet Config 2.0.2.
- Addresses update.
Hardware and software requirements
ToScrap should work on any Macintosh with a minimum of System 7. It’s accelerated for PowerPC. If you have the Appearance Manager and/or same the Navigation Manager, they will be taken advantage of. Some menu items may be disabled if you don’t have Internet Config 2.0 installed (only on PowerMac). For using QuickTime you need at least the version 2.5. QuickTime conversion may be affected by presence or absence of some plug-in of it.