Substitute Pro 1.8.5
Substitute Pro is a useful general purpose utility, it has a lot of options:
- Version checking. It checks, automatically, the contents of many folders class. It may also check the version of any object you want.
- Extension Manager. It may enable/disable lots of System Objects, not only the contents of usual folders.
- Removes extra code from FAT application, allowing you to select the code you want to remove. It can also scan disks and folders, searching for FAT objects to optimize.
- File conversion by means of QuickTime™.
- File comparison.
- Plays any kind of file QuickTime™ supports: movies, sounds, images and so on.
- Joins multiple files (any kind of file QuickTime™ supports: movies, sounds, images and so on) in a new one. You may select the format of new file.
- Processes management: tracks the foreground process reporting useful infos onto its main window; switches to foreground any individual process; closes any individual process; gathers accurate infos about any individual process; closes all processes but itself.
- Scripts. It checks for compiled scripts, or aliases, inside a proper folder to build a menu from where may launch the scripts.
- Yellow Extensions. It may use this kind of external file. The Yellow Extension Development Kits is enclosed.
- Numeric conversion. It may convert integer values (signed and unsigned) to diverse format (decimal, octal, binary, hexadecimal, ascii).
- Launches Applications, Desk Accessories and files having type APPC, appe, adrp, APPD, FNDR with the skill to make a permanent, but alterable, lists of these files and run them from a proper menu. It can restart-launch the Finder and At Ease.
- Desktop rebuilding.
- Monitor depth changing.
- Sound level changing.
- Gathers accurate informations about files, folders and disks.
- Mouse tracking: it shows onto its main window the global and local cursor coordinates. Also displays the graphic area, enlarged, around the cursor.
- TransStyle: to simplify ‘styl’ resources for a faster text drawing between script systems. Many options available, ‘styl’ deletion also.
- Compacts the System Heap as well as the free System memory.
- Files and folders copying (even in background).
- Files and folders moving, even to trash.
- Tracks all online volumes and can unmount/eject them.
- Reports any Keyboard Layout available.
- Shows all installed fonts (it may also change its own window font).
- Mac Shutdown/Restart.
- Current and International Clock. It displays, into its main window, the local and an international Date/Time. You may select one city among a lot of preset cities.
Substitute Pro sports Drag and Drop and is Drag Manager aware: you may perform some actions of above simply dropping objects onto its main window or onto its desktop icon. You may choose the action Substitute Pro should perform by using Drop Keys.
Substitute Pro is Internet Config and Navigation Manager aware, moreover it’s Appearance savvy. It requires at least System 7 to run.
What’s new in 1.8.5 version
- QuickTime™ Streaming playing.
- File joining.
- Linked with MoreFiles 1.5.
- Linked with Internet Config 2.0.2.
- A bug in Navigation routines fixed.
- Recompiled with Interfaces-Libraries 3.3.2.
- Better cursor management in numeric conversion window.
Hardware and software requirements
Substitute Pro should work on any Macintosh with a minimum of System 7. It’s accelerated for PowerPC. If you have the Appearance Manager and/or same the Navigation Manager and/or same the Drag Manager, they will be taken advantage of. Some menu items may be disabled or some feature may be inactive if you don’t have Internet Config 2.0 installed (only on PowerMac), if you don’t have, at least, QuickTime™ 2.0 and if you don’t have AppleScript.