HypnOptic Savescreen System 2.0.1 (FAT)
The mad, acid, savescreen of your choice, is here againg! HypnOptic becomes HypnOptic Savescreen System, a modular and customizable package that, better than before, will drive you crazy.
The HypnOptic INIT automates the savescreen starting and the HypnOptic Control lets you select your favoured module, the idle time and decide whether the module should play sounds. Furthermore the Control accepts, as module, any kind of file so it may launch, after the inactivity time, the file you want: different savescreen applications, disk defragmentation utilities, the letter you’re writing, since one year, to your sweetheart and so on.
Modules are stand-alone applications so, if you want, you may use them also without the Control-INIT aid (just like the old HypnOptic), moreover any module is able to play sounds asynchronously.
Besides INIT and Control, the HypnOptic Savescreen System package contains four modules:
- HypnOptic Classic, the first, original version of the savescreen responsible for, always living, HypnOpticmania.
- HypnOptic Standard, based on Classic version with some additional graphic element. It may, casually, use RGB Colors and patterns, in addition to Classic QuickDraw.
- OloPpat, it use patterns for creating a simple, but nice, savescreen.
- Sixties, a totally new savescreen with a psychedelic feeling…
Last, but not least, you may find inside the package a SDK for developing your own savescreen application. The SDK project lets you concentrate only on the creative part of developing: the main, and more tedious, part of work is already done. Even if you’re a inexperienced programmer you may easily build your own HypnOptic, stand-alone, module. The SDK contains also a fifth savescreen: HOSDK.
HypnOptic Control is Internet Config and Navigation Manager aware, moreover it’s Appearance savvy. HypnOptic Modules are Appearance savvy. HypnOptic Savescreen System requires at least System 7 to run. What’s new in 2.0.1 version
- Added Registrations folder.
- Added Support folder.
- Graphic inside Control window.
- Addresses update.
- Optimized code of all HypnOptic’s objects.
- Removed registration form.
Hardware and software requirements
HypnOptic Savescreen System should work on any Macintosh with a minimum of System 7. It’s accelerated for PowerPC. If you have the Appearance Manager and/or same the Navigation Manager, they will be taken advantage of. Some menu items, inside HypnOptic Control, may be disabled if you don’t have Internet Config 2.0 installed (only on PowerMac).